- Let it simmer before you announce your engagement on social media. Take a minute to soak it all in and to be present with your partner. This exact moment won’t happen ever again, so first and foremost take some time to disconnect from social media to be there physically and emotionally.
- Let your close family, and then your closest loved ones know personally. Give mom and dad a call, and then reach out to let the rest of your fam and BFFs know that it’s all just got real, and fast!
Don’t include an expected wedding date in your initial social media engagement announcement, even if you already know it. You haven’t worked your wedding guest list out yet, or know what your budget is, which means things might change dramatically between now and the time you’ve booked your venue. Besides, that’s what your Save the Dates are for.
- Consider having your photo taken by someone. Can you get your friend or someone your know to take a gorgeous engagement announcement photo for you at a really special spot? While your official engagement photoshoot, which you’ll use to get acquainted with your official wedding photographer, will only come later, perhaps you’d like to splash out to hire a photographer for a mini ‘pre engagement’ session now.
- Going the engagement selfie route? Set your self timer and use a tripod (aka stack of books) to capture a little bit more of both of you in the shot.
Make sure your engagement ring sparkles. Here’s how to keep it clean and shiny.
- Get your nails did, girl! Splash out on a mani to pamper your paws. You might stick to a timeless, neutral shade that won’t date, or go for some crazy fun engagement nail art to match the occasion! Look here for some ideas!
- Get creative with props, poses and outfits! To help, we’ve put together some cute shots and a selection of fun engagement announcement photo-props to help you rock your engagement announcement on social media.
Here are a few of our favourite engagement announcement pics: